Friday, February 1, 2008

Trying to lead a Singapore-life

I'm trying very hard to revert back to my Singapore-lifestyle here. Either I can't live/eat/sleep/study like a vancouvian or I just have too much singapore blood running through my veins.

Lately, I splurged alot on food (Singapore-kind of food). I bought Lotus root, chilli padi, bee hoon, toufu, beanspourt, sweet chilli sauce, rice, oyster sauce, pork ribs...etc. These things don't come cheap here. For eg. a small packet of chilli padi cost $4sgd and the lotus root cost about $5sgd per root. But I guess I have enough of Potatoes, salads and donuts. I need real FOOD! authentic FOOD.

There is a Singapore style Prima-taste restaurant serving singapore food. This would have been my favourite hangout if not for its exorbitant prices. A bowl of laksa cost $13 cad (20sgd). =(

Nevertheless, I am not going to give up on making my singaporean dishes. Next up is white carrot soup.. bought white carrots today!!!!!!!!! yippie...

Oh yeah, apparently there was a bomb/shooting incident in school yesterday. Not sure what really happen but there were at least 3 helicopters hovering around school, Swat team and a swamp of news reporters. The Bio-chem building was cordoned off and students in since 12pm were only let out at 6pm. Mass emails were send around to students asking them to avoid the building and classes were cancelled. hmmmmmmmm.... lucky i aint there... i have classes there on tues and thurs... and the incident happen on WEDNESDAY... HENG ah..... still in 1 piece. =)