Sunday, January 6, 2008

Arrived!

Night Sky outside my room window

My room view 1

My room view 2


Best of friends who came at 5 am in the morning to send me off!

With darling at Defu Lane, 10 hrs before departure.

Hey buddies, I have arrived in Vancouver after almost 17 hrs of flight and 6 hrs of transit.
Northwest Airline is actually pretty decent. Watched 3 movies on board (The Beach, Tarzan, Rush hour 3). The air stewardess however, leave much to be desired.. lol

Vancouver is really cold. Not artic cold, but cold enough to make me feel uneasy. Took a warm shower earlier, but didn't feel too good. Water either feel freezing cold or boiling hot. I guess, i still need some time to get used to the weather.
I'm living in an hostel-like apartment with 5 other guys. Have my own room but share the living room and bathroom. My room mates are pretty warm and friendly, a pity they are all Canadians and not exchange students, make me feel slightly out of place. But I am sure things will only get better as times goes by. The common place is in a mess though! Unwash plates, leftover food... just imagine an apartment shared by 6 guys. But Canadians are very nice people! My buddy came with his parents to pick me up from the airport, show me around campus and bought me lunch!
I miss home, miss my gf, my family, asian food! I walk around campus and all they sell are burgers, tacos, sausages and all the other craps. The price of the items here are very similar to Singapore, only that the CADs are 1.45 x more powerful a currency. A standard mac meal cost abt 7 Cad which works out to be about $10 sgd. I wan lotus soup, curry chicken, fried kway tiao, LAKSA and FROG PORRIDGE!
Ok, I need to get some rest. Almost 30-40 hrs w/o proper sleeps. Some random pics above =) Peace.