Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Random thoughts

Sometimes it is good to take a moment to reflect on life. It could be just 5 minutes before you go to bed, showering in the morning, taking a dump in the toilet or maybe like what I am doing now, taking some time off from mindless mugging for 2 of the dumbest subjects one can study for in University (The Earth & the Solar System and Introduction to E-business)

Our life seem to be destined right from the day we were born. We were supposed to follow the following route. 1) Kindergarden 2) Primary School 3) Secondary School 4) JC 5) University. Sticking to this route is extremely necessary, because if you don't people will look down on you. In fact for that matter, you tend to look down on yourself too. But why are we like that? Why is life in our world so demanding? Everyone is different, born with different talents, so why should I be judged on how many A's I get in school. Life sometimes do suck!

Worst of all, I am guilty of following this mindless path. I work my ass off in school, for the last 3 years trying to secure nothing but a useless piece of A4 paper. Sometimes I cannot help but reflect upon the VAST amount of time I have wasted studying for the stupidest things on this planet (BGS, CT, AS... TWC!!!!).

I totally admit that I am the typical SMU student, guilty of typical Smugger sins.
1) I study really hard for a test and tell others that "eh.. ok la... read up abit only lor"......
2) I tend to neglect my project work until the very last moment and concentrate instead on the individual components...
3) I stay at home and study like a closet mugger (yea.. I'm already well-known for that)

Is all these worth it? Is the A grade or the 1st class honours so important in my life, so much so that I am missing out on alot of things in life. Is it worth sacrificing all the fun with friends and moments with my gf and family.

After all, we only have so long to live. When the moment come and I lay on my death bed reflecting on my life. Can I tell myself I have live my life with no regrets? Maybe I will only know the real answer then... or maybe I should start making sure I don't.